Join us on our HEALTHY STEPS ONE HUNDRED MILE CHALLENGE. Those of you who participate on this journey will walk ONE HUNDRED MILES IN JUST THIRTY DAYS!
Those who complete the 100 mile challenge will be entered into a raffle for a Nordic Track activity tracker ($200 value).
STARTING VALENTINE’S DAY, 2/14/17
February is American Heart month and a healthy heart is the perfect gift for your loved ones. Heart disease is the leading cause of death for both men and women in the United States so of course we take this seriously.
Before getting started, take a peek into your actual heart age [www.heartage.me] and then let’s get to work!
WHAT DOES IT TAKE TO WALK 100 MILES IN 30 DAYS?
3.3 miles a day for 30 days = 100 mile goal
7,000 steps a day (approximately) for 30 days = 100 mile goal
- Make sure you have good walking or workout shoes
- Document your journey! Take a picture daily of your tracking device and save the record.
- Bring your 100 mile victory to our office (with proof of your daily tracking).
- The 30 day challenge will end on March 16th. You have 1 week to get your results in, by March 23rd. We raffle for the winner on Friday, March 24th.
- We will enter your heart healthy victory into a raffle for a Nordic Track activity tracker ($200 value). The winner will be announced on 3/24/17!
** Remember to DRINK water -8 large glasses a day **
Recommended activity trackers:
MISFIT FLASH: $11.99 – https://misfit.com/flash
JAWBONE UP MOVE: $12.95 – https://jawbone.com/fitness-tracker/upmove
FITBIT ZIP: $59.95 – https://www.fitbit.com/zip
iPHONE’s HEALTH APP: free
We will be checking in weekly and will look forward to hearing about your progress!
– Lindsay Mazur MS, RDN